The Official Student News Site of Lotus School for Excellence
Back to Article
Back to Article

Denver Nuggets Redemption Season

© Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY Sports

© Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY Sports

Isaiah J. Downing

© Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY Sports

Isaiah J. Downing

Isaiah J. Downing

© Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY Sports

Denver Nuggets Redemption Season

The Denver Nuggets have had a hot start to the 2018-19 NBA Basketball season, securing current standing in the Western Conference at second place with nine wins and two loss record. The Nuggets record puts them right under the nine-one Golden State Warriors, champions of the last two seasons.

This start from the Nuggets sparked a lot of hope from their fans to finally break the streak of 6 years of not entering the playoffs and it has definitely caught the attention of NBA fans everywhere else.

The Denver Nuggets established 50 years ago, are one of the few NBA teams, that have not won a single NBA championship. The mediocrity of the Nuggets called for a drastic change- one in the coaching staff, roster, and overall playing style.

The Nuggets have a solid roster, with the best player being Nikola Jokic– a 7’0 center (normally the tallest and strongest on the team) who’s basketball IQ and playing style have helped the nuggets nine wins to one loss record. The solid guards of Jamal Murray and Garry Harris, arguably one of the best backcourts the league has to offer. Will Barton, Isaiah Thomas (out with a hip injury), and Michael Porter Jr. (back injury) are three injured talented players expected to give the Nuggets an edge after coming back healthy to play.

The Nuggets have one of the best offenses and defenses so far in the league. Head Coach, Michael Malone has set up the Nuggets offense to be more spread out on the court, with the players constantly moving around for open passing lanes- opportunities to score a bucket at the rim or to catch the defense off guard for an open shot on the perimeter. The defense, on the other hand, has become a stronger force, focusing on rebounds and blocks since last season, leaving  the Nuggets ranked third in the league, which head coach Michael Malone is most proud of.

The Denver Nuggets hope to end the long playoff drought this season, qualifying for the first time in “redemption” is the word you want to associate this team with, as they came ready and prepared for any competition that comes their way.

The Meteor Shower • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in