The Official Student News Site of Lotus School for Excellence

Steps To Have A Cozy Night In

December 10, 2018

Back to Article
Back to Article

Steps To Have A Cozy Night In

A warm drink, some cozy decor, and a good book can be all you need for a cozy night in!

Photo taken by Zulaykha Ali

Photo taken by Zulaykha Ali

Photo taken by Zulaykha Ali

Often, we as students, spend so much time focusing on our hustle and working to reach our full potential, that we end up feeling burnt out and overwhelmed. Some of don’t give ourselves the credit for the hard work we accomplish on a daily basis, overlooking the hard work we put in. We should be celebrating the little victories we have every day. With the fall season bringing cold breezes ideal for snuggling up inside, here is how you can enjoy a cozy night in and take a break from the busy activities you do during the day. 

Step 1: Set the mood!

Creating a relaxing atmosphere is an important step for an ideal night in. It is also really easy to do. Decorating your space with comfy adornments such as fairy lights, candles, and fluffy cushions, can help you instantly feel more relaxed. You can also lower the lights or light a fire if you have a fireplace. There is nothing like a warm glow and a peaceful mood to help you forget about your stress. 

Step 2: Get some yummy snacks! 

It wouldn’t be a cozy night inside without some comfort food. Whatever your definition of comfort food might be, aim to incorporate that in your menu for a relaxing night. Try to include drinks like a steaming mug of cocoa or hot tea to bring warmth to your night. 

Step 3: Grab your gear! 

Gather everything you think you might need. For instance, you can grab a tray which makes it much easier to enjoy a delicious meal right where you are. A box of tissues may be an essential if you are going to watch a tear-jerking movie. Wear warm, fluffy socks with comfortable clothes, such as your pajamas to feel cozy. A nice book, a face mask, or any other relaxing item you may need should be readily on hand! 

Step 4: Count your blessings! 

Don’t forget to take some time to really reflect on all the good things in your life. Make a list of what you are grateful for, and see how it changes your perspective! Make sure to include some self-praise! You do a lot and you should give yourself credit!

Make a list of what you are thankful for to change your perspective to be more grateful.

Step 5: Relax! 

End your night with an exquisitely scented bubble bath, a good movie or book, a fun board game, or anything else you enjoy doing!

Just sit back, relax and enjoy the night inside. You deserve it.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Steps To Have A Cozy Night In”

1. Ruth on December 12th, 2018 2:44 pm

These are great tips, especially right now with finals going on!

2. M on December 12th, 2018 3:59 pm

Pictures turned out amazing!!! Love it!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Meteor Shower • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in