Zulaykha Ali helping her sister read.

The Big Brother & Big Sister Program

January 30, 2019

The Big Brother/ Big Sister program is looking for mature middle and high school students to come and volunteer. This program is essential in providing elementary school students with the support they need.

The program will be on Mondays and Wednesdays at 3:20 to 4:15 pm. This is a great opportunity for middle and high schoolers to get volunteering hours and attend field trips with the elementary school students.

Working with kid helps them grow closer to others and education.

What inspired Ms.Kim to start this program is to, “help those students who come from a single parent household that kind of need a role model, that need some extra attention.” Ms. Kim also has her own personal motivations for the program. “I have a little boy who needs a “Big Brother” because all he has is his mom, he doesn’t really have a father figure or male role model in his life.”

This is a great way to help those students who need more help as well as create a stronger sense of community at our school. She said, “I have heard in the past that we have tried to keep high school separated from elementary school students, and I just want to say that we have a resource here and I wanna bring the schools together.”

For more information about this program or to sign up, please contact Ms.Kim at [email protected] .