Mr. Svoboda Has Got Talent

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mr. Svoboda Has Got Talent

Mr. Svoboda is very talented.

Mr. Svoboda is very talented.

Mr. Svoboda is very talented.

Mr. Svoboda is very talented.

Mahdi Rahmouni, News Reporter

Despite its small size, Lotus School for Excellence is a school filled with talented students and teachers. One such very talented person at Lotus is Mr.Svoboda, a secondary language arts teacher and the English department chair. Mr. Svoboda is known for being a man with many skills. His talents include being multilingual, a master in martial arts, skilled in wiring, and a prolific writer. 

Mr.Svoboda’s first talent, being fluent in multiple languages, is probably his most well known among students and teachers. He is fluent in Russian, Spanish, French, and of course English. He began to learn these languages when he was younger because he enjoyed interacting with different people. “With languages, I just like talking to people and I was never afraid to learn other languages.”  Russian was the first language Mr.Svoboda learned in high school with his friend. He still practices these languages in his daily life and also plans to teach his children at home.

Another talent of Mr. Svoboda’s is his martial arts abilities. He started learning martial arts when he was just a child. “With martial arts, I’ve been doing it ever since I was little and I was always pretty good.” He realized the secret to martial arts was focusing on the movements. Nowadays, he teaches martial arts in a school in Aurora.

Mr.Svoboda’s third talent is his wiring skills. Lotus appreciates this skill greatly as Mr.Svoboda can be found helping Mr.Akmal with technical activities. His oldest daughter is also picking up this trait, and she helped him set up the doorbell system to their own house.

Mr.Svoboda is also a gifted writer and has written both fiction and short stories. In fact, one of his stories is soon to be put on the screen which is very exciting news. 

Mr.Svoboda is one of many talented students and teachers at Lotus who are an important part of what Lotus truly is.