New Secondary Counselor

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Secondary Counselor

Be sure to speak to Ms. Page if you require any assistance.

Mourad Al-mouradi, News Reporter

A few of you may know Lotus has a new counselor in room 201. Ms. Page replaced Ms. Hope who moved to elementary to work with younger kids. Now Ms.Page is working with secondary students, helping them learn new skills they might need in the future, or even have a talk with them when they feel like they need it and are having a bad day.

When we talked to Ms.Page we took notice of her positive personality. She has a great sense of humor. Ms.Page is always laughing and smiling. Ms.page is very dedicated to her job and always puts Lotus kids safety and mental health before anything else.

We  asked Ms. Page a series of questions regarding her job in hopes of getting to know her better. Here are a couple of the question she was asked.

Q: “Do you believe that your job helps make the school a better and safer place?”

A: “Yes, I do. I think it is important to help students with their social emotional needs in order for them to be the best students and people they can be. I feel that what I do is very important because I help students stay safe and learn how to be the best versions of themselves.”

Q: “ What are some goals or changes that you would like to provide for our school?”

A: “I am very new to Lotus, so I am doing what I can to get to know students and provide them with support. I would like to provide more group counseling services and guidance for students once I have assessed what topics are most needed.”

Although Ms.Page is new to Lotus, she is not new to the high school education system.  The confidence from the responses clearly showed that she has experience when it comes to  talking to kids. She let us know how she has been counselor for 4 years and before she came to Colorado, she was a teacher for 10 years. Ms.Page originally came from Texas.

One of the biggest influences in Ms. Page’s life is her mother. She said, “She has taught me that I can do whatever I set my mind to. She never made excuses or allowed me to. She made sure I knew that I was the one in charge of my life and that I took responsibility for my actions (good or bad). She has always been a positive role model in my life.”

We all encourage you guys to meet with Ms.Page and get to know her, so that when you really need to talk with someone you know you have someone there.