LSE Athletics Recap 2K19

Back to Article
Back to Article

LSE Athletics Recap 2K19

The 2018-2019 school year has been an exceptional one for Lotus athletics. Middle school flag football, volleyball, and boys soccer brought home the championships; our high school girls and boys basketball teams made it to playoffs; wrestling went to state; our soccer boys made it to playoffs with Mahad Haji leading for goals in Colorado 2A schools. In order to recognize and celebrate these achievements Lotus hosted an Athletics banquet.

This year the Lotus high school banquet was located at The Island, a volleyball club in Aurora. Recognition awards were distributed to players by coaches for their performance in the season. 

The high school soccer boys made it to the playoffs this year for the first time, with two players making all-conference. The middle school boys won the championship with an undefeated season and a score of 2-0.

This year high school volleyball doubled their win record from last year with their new Coach, Coach Elani. The middle school volleyball B team won the championship this year with a chance for the B team players to potentially make A team.

Cross Country and Track this year set new personal records. Nabil Hassan, a freshman, setting a record for the fastest 5k time of 21:34.91. Track season bests were set my Thiago Figueroa with 12.08 for the 100m dash, Abdi Hassan with 5:08.33 for the 1600m run, and Mahad Haji with 54.96 for the 400m dash.

Wrestling this year was the most successful season for Lotus sports. With two people being sent to the state tournament and place. Scott Torres placed 3rd and Salem Scobee placed 6th in Colorado.

High School Varsity Basketball this season set a new record for wins. The Varsity girls season consisted of 12-5, a new record for Lotus girls. The Varsity boys season consisted of a record of 15-6. Middle School Basketball had a good season and plan on improving greatly next year with an addition of an off-season.

Flag Football brought home the Championship this year with a record of 10-1. The team originally set out to make it to the playoffs but with their unexpected win of the Championship, they were still satisfied.

The Cheerleaders this year brought home so new cheer and stunts that they can perform. They received a chance to gain experience for cheer-leading for Wrestling during the competition for State.

Overall, this year

was one for the records. With everything that we’ve accomplished it goes to show the potential for Lotus Athletics next year. Hopefully, with incoming freshmen new and better goals could be set out to achieve next year.

This is just the beginning for Lotus athletics.