Weight Room Gets A Makeover!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Weight Room Gets A Makeover!

Ryann Hima, News Reporter

Recently Lotus’s entire gym has undergone a renovations and is currently closed off from students. However, the gym isn’t the only thing changing, the weight room has also recently been renovated.

For those who may have not been aware, Lotus’s weight room is located right by the secondary cafeteria and the gym. Coach Jackson takes his students to the weight room three times a week to make sure his athletes are in their best shape when their season comes.

Ratag Abdelmalik, a senior athlete, said that, “ I am really excited for the people that are going to go to Lotus next year. As a senior, I feel like this is a really nice change, but it kinda sucks because this is my last year at Lotus, so I won’t be able to use it as much.” Even though Ratag won’t be here next year she said her favorite thing in the weight room is the squat rack, which the school has recently updated.

Anyone can use the weight room and it is a great opportunity for students who want to get in shape but can’t go to a gym. However,  Students must be supervised by any teacher at all times when they are in the weight room.

The secondary gym has been closed off for all students and teachers for a while now. The reason for that is because they are adding new bleachers and new flooring, as well as things like new speakers. 

Students can look forward for the remodeling of the gym. They can expect more gym space and brand new bleachers and flooring.