Spirit Week 2K19

October 10, 2019

Lotus had its annual Spirit Week from September 30th to October 4th.

During Spirit Week, students celebrate their school pride by participating in school activities and wearing different themed outfits. Spirit Week is one week out of the year that leads to the high school’s Homecoming. 

Spirit Week at Lotus is different than many other schools mainly because Lotus doesn’t have a football team, whereas other schools use Spirit Week to start off the fall season. This year’s themes were: Stereotype Day, Marvel/Disney/ DC Day, Artist/Rapper Day, Twin Day, and Class Color Day.

We asked many students about their thoughts on Spirit Week. Most students had very positive feedback.

One student said, “My favorite day of Spirit Week was stereotype day because we get to see what people think of when someone tells us to dress up as a [high school clique] stereotype, and because I feel like I did a good job of dressing up like that.”

At the end of Spirit Week, Lotus came together for a pep rally. Last year, the pep rally was held in the auditorium, but this year it was held in the new gym. This was better for everyone because there was a lot of space to participate in activities. There were many fun games and activities that the Student Council arranged and planned. There was a hula-hooping contest, a mini dance-off, and relay races. This year’s activities have been one of the best to start off the new sports season. 

The Meteor Shower • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in