(Dede Kpedanou )

Dede Kpedanou

Homecoming: Hawaiian Getaway

October 10, 2019

Friday October 4th, Student council hosted their annual Homecoming dance for high school.

The school gym was transformed into a tropical Hawaiian getaway. This event was hosted by Ms. Baysden and her Student Council team. 

The Gym was decorated with palm leaves, sparkling lights, and other tropical decorations.

This years Homecoming was well decorated by the student councils dance committee. Many students said it was way better decorated than last year. It was a long process planning this years dance, but student council was able to get it done. Being part of the dance committee Abelardo Sanchez said, “I thought it was stressful brainstorming spirit week and also planning ahead for homecoming.” Although it was difficult for them, they were still able to decorate the whole gym with a fun Hawaiian theme. 

The highlight of the day was when Ms. Baysden announced the homecoming king and queen which were Ashley Asumadu and Anuwar Hussein. They were crowned to being the king and queen because of the unanimous votes of the public.

Homecoming Queen and King, Ashley Asumadu and Anuwar Hussein, 12th grade.

“Yes, I was surprised, when they announced king and queen.  I thought I wasn’t going to win but it felt good to win my senior year.” Ashely Asumadu said happily. 

This homecoming was one for the books, with its great decorations and the amount of tickets that were sold. As many said, it was extremely eventful, and it was fun being surrounded by friends.

The Meteor Shower • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in