Lotus student joins Top Teens of America

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ollie Carr, School Culture Reporter

Ollie Carr, School Culture Reporter

Ollie Carr, School Culture Reporter

Ollie Carr, School Culture Reporter

For many, the holiday season is a time many people try to give back and do their part to brighten the world with acts of kindness. Ollie Carr, a 10th-grade student, has made it her mission to give back to her community by joining an organization called Top Teens of America.  

According to their website, Top Teens of America (TTA), “provides all teens regardless of their ethnic or socio-economic status, the opportunity to receive extra-curricular support, career and character development training, along with key community volunteer opportunities.”

In the Top Teens of America organization, there are different types of groups that have different types of goals. After an interview with Ollie, she explained that she was in the Unity mantra. “Our goal for the Unity group is to create an environment that is inviting and not judging by your differences,” she explains. 

After talking about the Unity group, I asked Ollie if there are any upcoming events they are hosting. “Yes, there is a pancake breakfast coming up on Saturday, December 14, 2019, from 7:00-9:30 a.m. Buying tickets to the pancake breakfast would be helpful and appreciated,” she said.

Tickets to the Pancake breakfast hosted by Top Teens of America will be sold online at Eventbrite.com starting at $10. The whole event is to raise enough money for a conference that will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada next year for the local teens who are part of the program. “It will be much appreciated if people from Lotus could buy tickets, but if they aren’t able to it’s fine,” Ollie concludes.

You can contact Ollie Carr at [email protected] or talk to her in person for other options and questions you may have. The event will be held at 14091 East Iliff Avenue, Aurora, CO 80014.