The Meteor Shower

• November 16Movie Night on December 6, 2018! Buy your tickets from Mr. Danisman now!

• November 16Superhero $2.00 Dress Day on January 24, 2019!

• November 16$2.00 Meme Dress Day on November 29, 2018!

Filed under Opinion

In Defense of Trump’s Presidency

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/legalcode. No changes were made.

Gage Skidmore

Gage Skidmore

I would like to start off by saying I am not anti-Trump and I am not anti-Obama. People can bash Trump all they want and call him a bad president, but the thing is our views are all relative. I personally find him to be a racist, stuck up, ignorant man, but he wasn’t elected to be a good father, a good husband, or even a good person. He was elected to do a job. In my opinion, there really is no such thing as a totally good or bad president. Even President Obama, who many people seem to view as an infallible symbol of liberal ideals, has done many of the things people now criticize Trump for.

One thing people always tell me when criticizing Trump is something along the lines of, “Trump is a racist and is responsible for people getting killed overseas.” Not only are they making a claim with no evidence, but they have the audacity to force their beliefs on other people. President Obama, who many of the anti-Trump people praise, authorized the military for three bombings every hour. According to an article published on January 9, 2017 on NBC news, “26,171 bombs were dropped on Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan during the year.”

Obama also sent more troops to Afghanistan to prolong a war many feel we will never win. According to the local people, Obama is responsible for the death of over 1,500 kids in a single village near the Afghan Border alone. He also is responsible for provoking the Taliban to storm an elementary school and kill over 400 elementary children in an elementary school near the Afghan Border according to officials on scene.

People have told me that Obama wouldn’t deport anyone if he had his way, but Obama is responsible for the deportation of more immigrants than any other president, including Trump, according to ICE.

Trump has done a lot of good just like Obama has also done a lot of bad. For example, many of our past presidents were afraid to touch our trade deals with China because they are so powerful, but Trump used his knowledge of business to change the trade agreements with China. He has made it so that the United States would also benefit from our trade with China. As a result, the economy has boomed and there are more American jobs.

Trump has also realized how The War On Terrorism in Afghanistan is a waste of resources and human life, and has begun to bring our armed servicemen and women home.

Once again, I am not anti-Trump and I am not anti-Obama. I simply believe every president has their own faults and strengths. I believe people should look at both sides of our presidents to see if they really are the people they are painted out to be.